Thursday 11 February 2016

Hotel Chocolat Rabot 1745 Peru Pichanaki 100%

http://www.10dollarcoffee.com/
This is the first 100% I've featured on Chocolat Indulgence. This chocolate is 100% Peruvian Pichanaki cacao, grown at high altitude, from an "advanced farmer's cooperative"
A chocolate oh so coconut. The aroma was creamy coconut and vanilla. The flavour was coconut still, with a heavy roast, comings of fruit, and chocolate; all amongst a subtle bitterness. The texture was buttery and melted smoothly. The finish was excellent

I thought I would make a hot chocolate with it, adding muscovado, honey or maple syrup to sweeten. However, surprisingly I found it very easy to eat on its own. Although I once added it to my peanut butter & molasses porridge for breakfast, and what a great idea that was! It was heavenly

No comments:

Post a Comment