Wednesday 2 March 2016

Naive Berries

image:Redmart
Naive is a Lithuanian bean-to-bar chocolate maker. Named "Berries", this is a 65% dark chocolate blended with strawberries, blueberries and currants. It had won silver in the 2015 Academy of Chocolate awards
An aroma of black forest gâteau, chocolate, honey. The melt was smooth and opened up to a long bitterness, then finally berry comes, and it's very bright. There was chocolate, metallic tones, tart raspberry (and raspberry wasn't even in it), blueberries. I then discovered it to be very acidic, with balsamic vinegar, and here was when I caught rich acidity in the aroma
After Naive's Honey bar, I was told by two different people that the Porcini was their favourite Naive chocolate. On that recommendation, I almost bought it, but a last minute decision led me to this Berries instead. I am really glad I did buy this as I REALLY liked it. And I must mention that Naive press their own cocoa butter! - That is something great to hear

No comments:

Post a Comment